2858 Holiday Pines Rd
Traverse City, MI 49686
Looking to continue my career in analysis, programming, and IT management
- Oracle DB
- COBOL (yes, COBOL)
Northwestern Michigan College - Information Technology Services
Director of Administrative Systems 2014-present
- Lead team supporting Banner and other adminstrative systems
- Advise college leadership on technology opportunities and decisions
- Participate in long-term planning for the college
- Coordinate with other administrative units and academic departments
- Manage mulit-department technology projects
- Supervise eight technology staff - providing direction and evaluating performance, arranging resources, hiring staff
Purdue University - Development Office
Director of Development Information Services 2005-2013
- Serve as technology lead for University Development.
- Coordinate resources with central IT departments, including staff of five dedicated developers in ITEA.
- Research new initiatives for technology use in fundraising and develop into working projects.
- Advise project managers and team leaders on concurrent projects.
- Communicate with vendors and share our needs to help shape the direction of the products.
- Responsible for official reporting of fundraising activity.
- Manage twelve technical staff – setting goals and monitoring progress, hiring staff, updating position descriptions as needed
Assistant Director, Information Services 2001-2005
- Led reporting efforts with a team of four data analysts
- Heavily involved in system software upgrades and new feature rollouts.
- Designed new data structures and modifications to the existing reporting database.
Tippecanoe County Government
Director of Information Services 1996-2001
- Train and manage staff of programmers, technicians, and support personnel.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software for all County Offices.
- Represent Information Services Department in meetings and presentations.
- Advise County Commissioners and other elected officials on computing and communication issues.
- Led Y2K efforts, including developing a new Property Tax system and installing a Court Case Tracking system – both ahead of the Y2K deadline.
Programming Supervisor 1990-1996
- Trained and supervised staff of programmers.
- Designed, programmed and maintained systems, including Property Tax Tracking and Voter Registration
- Designed the county's Property Appraisal system and led team that implemented it as part of the 1995 reassessment
- Served as Acting Director in the Director's absence in public meetings and on project teams
- Coordinated application development, system administration, and program maintenance.
- Designed and implemented the county's Property Tax Management System.
- Overhauled the Voter Registration System
- Performed installation and maintenance of servers, desktop computers, and terminals.
Ivy Tech State College
Adjunct Faculty, 1998 to 2004
- Taught classes in Database Design and Programming
Indiana Wesleyan University
BS in Business Administration - 1995
Ivy Tech State College
AAS in Computer Programming - 1988
West Central Indiana Community Network, Board Member 1995-1998
Ivy Tech State College, Computer Information Systems Advisory Board 1996-2009
Lafayette Citizens Band, Board Member 2012-2013